Anti-Bribery & Corruption
Organisations risk being exposed not only to criminal liability but also to significant penalties for non-compliance with the various anti-bribery laws. Often, this may also have commercial implications for organisations such as reputational damage and potential civil action from shareholders. This module not only outlines your organisation’s obligations, but also provides practical guidance on steps you can take to ensure that your bribery and corruption risks are identified and minimised.
Environmental law is one of the main areas of compliance applying to all industries. The Environment module outlines your obligations regulated by Commonwealth, State and Territory authorities and covers key topics such as Approvals, Licensing, Audits, Water and Air Emissions among others.
Privacy & Data Protection
Regardless of which industry you are in, privacy and data protection issues affect us all. The Privacy and Data Protection module identifies your compliance obligations on how to collect, manage and maintain personal information securely and within the Australian legal framework.
- Penalty increases Institutional Investment
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission: Regulatory Guide 265 — Guidance on ASIC market integrity rules for participants of securities markets
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission: Regulatory Guide 241 — Electronic trading
- [IV37] ASIC Market Integrity Rules (Securities Markets) Determination 2019/896 (Cth) is now in effect
- [IV40] Exposure drafts of the Financial Services (Improved Consumer Protection) (No. 1) Bill 2019 (Cth) and the Financial Services (Improved Consumer Protection) (No. 1) Regulations 2019 (Cth)
- [IV39] ASIC Corporations (Amendment) Instrument 2019/0958 (Cth)